current sterilization cost

Discussion in 'Pets' started by zeytin, Sep 10, 2009.

1. zeytin Kusadasi Connoisseur

Does anyone know the current cost of getting a cat sterilized? Last year i paid 40/50lira. Thanks, Mavis.
  2. DeluxeFX
  3. Anniebubble Ladies Beach's First Lady

Last year I paid 80lira and have been quoted 100lira this year from 2 different vets.
  4. Fleur Kusadasi Connoisseur

Yes, it's around the 100 mark this year.

I always use Nevzat, in my opinion the best vet in town.

He is very reliable and all my pets recover very quickly from surgery.
  5. zeytin Kusadasi Connoisseur

I asked Nevget yesterday the price of cat sterilizatin, But as the kitten seems to have a hernia or something else wrong with its stomach, he wouldnt give me the price. I know for certain i only paid 50lira tops in january this year to have another cat done, has it really gone up that much in a few months? I know he was charging 100lira to sterilize animals that were paid for by the german vets.
    Can anyone recommend another good vet, that charges less. Thanks, Mavis
  6. zeytin Kusadasi Connoisseur

My apologes, we paid 60lira:doh:
  7. Fleur Kusadasi Connoisseur

Maybe you could get it done free from the cat charity.

Gossips are having a jumble sale at the end of this month.

You can ask if you are passing by.

Vets prices have really gone up.

I was charged over 600 lira when my little dog developed a nasty cyst.

He had to have an operation and have the wound re-dressed everyday.

This wasn't with Nevzat, I had to take him to a woman vet at Ladies beach as she was the only one with a 24 hour emergency service.

To this day I regret it, because in the end I had to have him put to sleep.

Something happened to his spine and he became paralyzed. He was fine before the operation.

I think she and her husband were too rough with him.
  8. zeytin Kusadasi Connoisseur

Hi Fleur, sorry to hear about your dog, Yes, it seems vets are putting their prices up, Sadly, as it will put off people from taking on any more of the strays.
    I didnt know there was a cat charity! I knew a lady called christine from gossips, did raffles etc for the cats But didnt know there was an actual charity. Thanks for the info. Mavis
  9. kedikop Kusadasi Addict

There is a jumble sale at gossips from the 21st of this month to raise money to help the street animals. Without everyones support it would not be possible.
  10. puwer98 Altinkum's Ambassador

The N &R scheme here in Didim as been suspended due to lack of council funding, see voices for details
  11. Karyn UK Kusadasi Addict

I've been using a great vet in Selcuk lately, she's been brilliant with my dogs. One of my dogs had a temperature and went into convulsions in July, got him to Selcuk, she sedated him and kept him under observation all day and the cost was 10tl! My labrador was sterilised, had all her injections, worming and her pet passport for 70tl. Can't fault her, not much english but we manage and available by mobile when we need her.

Karyn
  12. tusher Kusadasi Addict

WOW Karyn that was cheap your labrador having all that done for 70tl. I know we are in England but we are having Oscar (golden retriever) neutered this friday and I asked the vet how much and they said £133.35. - Teresa
  13. Flo1967 Kusadasi Addict

Whereabouts in Selcuk is the vet and what's the name please. Our little female dog needs "doing".
  14. Karyn UK Kusadasi Addict

Her phone number is 0232 8929693 and her name is Deniz Esener and she is at the Ephesus end of Selcuk, going towards the Saniyi, the last turning on the left I think. She has a small clinic there. Very nice lady.

Karyn
  15. Princess007 Kusadasi Addict

Since moving here I have always used the vet in Selcuk.Deniz is fantastic with all animals also get my cat biscuits from her cheap which I feed the strays with.I have had my two cats & three dogs neutered by her.My medium sized dog cost 50 lira to be spayed.I highly recomend her.:wow:
  16. jake 51 Kusadasi Veteran

..another jumble sale at gossips today ..struck gold there last year ..i was going to buy an A4 electric paper shredder in town last year...in the computer shop ..and low and behold i got one at the jumble for 5TL..:)
  17. AlanK Kusadasi Connoisseur

In December, the vet vet behind HSBC quoted me 45TL for a tom and 60TL for a female. He charged me 100TL to put right a botched operation by another vet.