Marks & Spencer Center

Discussion in 'Izmir Forum' started by Mella, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Mella Administrator

There are lots of up and coming projects in Izmir. One of which is the Marks & Spencers Center that is to be built in Alsancak...

Name: Marks & Spencer
    http://www.yapitsan.com.tr/markspancer.html

[IMG]
  2. DeluxeFX
  3. Hephaestion Kusadasi Explorer

Wow so they are moving out of the Agora and getting their own flagship store. Sounds as though Marks & Sparks are happy with their business íf they are willing to invest in a brand new purpose built store. Guessing that it´ll will be clothing only.

Their clothes are manufactured in Turkey aren´t they?
  4. pajoe Kusadasi Connoisseur

And probably the most expensive shop in Turkey.
  5. Mella Administrator

Unfortunately! If they did Marks and Spencers food I'd be their number one customer (especially the sarnies mmm!)

I just looked on their websites & there are 12 Marks and Spencers in Istanbul!

3 Marks & Sparks in Izmir, it never seems that busy when I pop in...There used to be one in Amsterdam (that did sell the food too) but it closed down due to lack of customers.
  6. puwer98 Altinkum's Ambassador

Oh how strange the website is in turkish
  7. Hephaestion Kusadasi Explorer

It was busy at the Agora when I went there, but goodness me those prices! Phew!! And really the range was very limited.

I noticed when I was over there last that they were advertising Marks & Sparks on Türkish telly!

Oh really Amsterdam had food? M&S food or Dutch food? With so many brits (expats) and visitors I would have thought that their trade would have been good. Especially as the Dutch are familiar with british brand names.

I know they were considering Copenhagen at one point. Good thing they didn´t, Debenhams tried and failed here.

I bought masses of their food stuff when I visted it in Colchester. I brought it back here and boy was it good. Just their range is bewildering!!:yummy:
    I could spend all day in there! :D

I doubt that turkish punters would be turned on though.

Well their customers are turks.
  8. Mella Administrator

The M&S center opened at the end of last year:

[IMG]
  9. ally Rose of Kusadasi

Thanks for letting us know Mella...somewhere else now to visit :p
  10. AnneKus Kusadasi Fan

Looks good Mella, although you do have to wonder if it will be profitable for them considering some of their prices.

Is it a definite goer? Especially as it has been reported that they are making 1250 of their staff redundant in the UK because they have to cutback on their costs.

Time will tell i guess, but it they do build one of their superstores it would be great if they added on a food hall .... mmmmmmmm... love their food.
  11. POSH SCOUSE Kusadasi Explorer

Yes, the food hall would be good!!!I used to visit M&S in Rhodes, years ago, when I used to pop over from Marmaris for visas....always hoping they added a food hall,but they never did.Expensive though.I think the Bornova Forum could do with a Matalan!!!!!:D
  12. Sash Kusadasi Addict

Matalan is brilliant, I just love it there, I love the home section you can get some lovely stuff in there, and really good value too:)Mabey one day Posh it will come to Turkey:D....
  13. Hephaestion Kusadasi Explorer

The actual building is very nice, much nicer than the computer graphic.
    I doubt that there will be food there. Also I found the M & S at the Agora very expensive.

Don´t M & S have a lot of their clothes manufactured in Turkey?
  14. Mavi Glaswegian Güzeli

probably Chris... most of the big name shops do!!! yet it makes me wonder why we struggle to get decent clothes here!!

A food hall!!! now wouldnt that be something for us who live here all year round... a constant fix, we could make a rota system of shoppers for weekly rounds!!

yumm.. percy pigs!!
  15. Hephaestion Kusadasi Explorer

Yes it is ironic isn´t it Michelle. But that´s why I thought they opened up M&S in Turkey in the first place, the production facilities were close to retail.

I often find things like socks and underwear have Made in Turkey on them.