Marrying with a Turkish / i am so lost

Discussion in 'Free Bench-Free Chat' started by turgiz, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turgiz Kusadasi Explorer

hello everybody im new in this forum, this is Gizem , a turkish girl who happily made a decision to marry a british citizen , it likely to happen quite far ahead in the future but we want to begin our research so when the time comes, parents are convinced easier :) . anybody can give us a starting point? and i would like to hear from some british people who married turks and moved here, how hard is it for you guys? thanx
  2. DeluxeFX
  3. Umit Administrator

hello Gizem, welcome to the Kusadasi forums, i am sure that our members will give you tips.

i havent married yet so i cant give u any tips ;)
  4. Andrea Member

hey welcome to the forum, but i anit married so i cant give any tips either.
  5. Mella Administrator

Hey welcome to the forums. Suprise Suprise i'm not married either! But I'm sure someone on here can advise you. Maybe Shannon?

Anyway nice to have you here. Hope you find the forums useful and informative. xox
  6. Shannon Kusadasi Explorer

Hi there, im Irish and marrying a Turkish National. Your fiance will have to call the Department of Foreign Affairs in Britain to find out about what documentation he needs to marry you etc. Its not hard to get that part sorted out! As regards him moving to Turkey im afraid i cant help you there because im not moving to turkey when i get married, im staying in Ireland. This is mostly becasue i have a law degree but i would not be able to get a job in Turkey in that profession, or any other for that matter ha ha, considering i dont speak turkish. But a lot of foreigners who move to Turkey are very happy there! I think you should ask him what maybe he wants to do when he lives in Turkey as regards work etc. Cos i was reading about ti and it gave a list of jobs that foreign nationals cant do...and it was practically everything ha ha :D

Anything else i can help with, please contact me no problems ;)
  7. Angel Agape

Hello Turgiz,

Welcome to the forum. I'm also getting married to a Turkish National and will be moving to Turkey, but I'm American not British. As a foreigner planning to moving to Turkey, I totally relate to what you and your fiance will be facing in the future. While I'm not British, I would be more then happy to share with you any information I learn. :)

Foreigners are few in Turkey but it seems the majority are from the UK so you should find it easy to learn of their experiences. Unfortunately, I won't have the same opportunity since even fewer American woman live in Turkey and marry Turkish men. :huh: :doh:
  8. Asla Kusadasi Fan

Hi Turgiz

I am Irish and marrynig a Turkish man next year.

We will spend a few months in Ireland and a few months in Turkey to see what things are like for us both, but eventually,we plan to settle here. Its not easy but some things are worth fighting for! ;)
  9. ally Rose of Kusadasi

Hi Gizem

İ am from Belfast and have been married to my turkish husband for 15 years. İt hasnt all been plain sailing but İ wouldnt change him for the world!

Alison
  10. Andrea Member

im so jealous of all of u who aare getting maried to sexy turks.
  11. Shannon Kusadasi Explorer

***"im so jealous of all of u who aare getting maried to sexy turks."***

Ha ha ha thanks Andrea, that gave me a good laugh he he :D
  12. Andrea Member

thats good i give u a laugh.
  13. lva5 Kusadasi Explorer

Hi Gizm. I married a turkish man in 1999 when I was 18. I had a wonderful Turkish wedding, but only my mother came. The rest of my family disapproved. I am really happy in Turkey and have two lovely little girls. Not for anything would I change what I did. I now live in Persembe nr Ordu on the Black Sea coast and we hope to move soon to Kusadasi or near there. It has been difficult being the only foreigner here and having to learn the customs and language but my husbands family have been lovely and I will never move back to England. The only other difficulties have been with the Emniyet about visas and citizenship etc which takes so long and living where I do means that nobody has a clue what they're doing! Good luck.
    Linz
  14. Alexia Kusadasi Explorer

Merhaba Gizem, i am not Turkish, but i married one, we live now in Kusadasi, you have nothing to worry about, as long as you are both happy u can live anywhere. its very easy. i could live in Alaska too and then my husbund could be worried how to get visum or me :), basarilar, kendine iyi bak
  15. Umit Administrator

welcome to the Kusadasi Forums, Aleixa... and thank You for your nice comment.
  16. Alexia Kusadasi Explorer

1 kiss

Thanx a lot, i am not new on this site, ive just decided today to become a member. Anyway, its a good site, i love it :kiss: , see u
  17. danny Kusadasi Fan

Marry to Turkish

Hi Gizem
    Welcome to the forum, I'm American married to my wife whom is Turkish, it's been also most Twenty years for us Good Luck.

Danny
  18. tracie Super Star Scouser of Söke

ur boyfriend can apply in england he needs 2 go 2 the registery office & put up ur marriage lines 21days at least before he returns 2 turkey 2 get married everything else needs 2 be done in turkey the only other thing he may need is a medical certificate from his doctor thats all i had to do in england b4 i married my husband and if he asks he can have dual nationality so he should get a nufus(kimlik)card. he can live perm in turkey with that
    hope this helps u out
    tracie
  19. Umit Administrator

Thanks for your useful post, Tracie.
    welcome to the Kusadasi Forums ;)
  20. Shannon Kusadasi Explorer

:) Thats a really useful post Tracie hon, welcome to the forum :cool:
  21. toksoz Kusadasi Explorer

Definately correct. He must go to his local registry office and enter his "bands". As Tracy said the rest is done in Turkey and the first stop is the local wedding office then on to Izmir police station, then British Embassy to get the affidavit translated (in my case). when you have been to the first place they usually direct you to where you need to go next and what needs to be done.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.