Shopping in Alsancak

Discussion in 'Izmir Forum' started by Mella, May 24, 2008.

1. Mella Administrator

Alsancak has the best area for shopping in Izmir with lots of exclusive shops. There are two main areas, one is the main shopping street where they have the high street names such as Ambar, Mavi Jeans, Colin's and Collezione.

The other area located nearby is much more elite, set in a neighbourhood of many criss crossing streets with fashionable cafes dotted around - you'll find shops such as Clarks shoes, United Colors of Benetton, Mango, Lush, Diesel, Zara, Mothercare, Replay, Tommy Hilfiger, Guess, a million shoe shoes and D&G, and you won't see a genuine fake in sight.

I tried to take some more pictures, but I got told off - the security guard from Zara stood over me whilst I deleted them.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. DeluxeFX
  3. JeepersCreepers Kusadasi Fan

where's alsancak ? ecxately ... area , street - gonna use the navigator
  4. Steve B Kusadasi Connoisseur

Don't forget the big Marks & Spencer store, 4 floors, the wife loves it, my wallet doesn't :D
  5. Mella Administrator

Alsancak is a district in Izmir. There is no one specific street. Try having a look on google maps for street names. It's a very busy area, if you really want to go I would suggest getting public transport.

Haha.

I've never been inside the M&S in Alsancak, only walked passed it.

[IMG]
  6. dobiemania Kusadasi Fan

If i were to visit this place coming from kusadasi, what bus would I take and where do I get off?
  7. jasmina Kusadasi Expert

I don't know any of those shops in the pictures :p British brands?
  8. Michaelh Kusadasi Explorer

wow... and all of those brands feel so... everyday to me... :)

Mark & Spencer's is British... their food shops are very nice... not a fan of the clothing though
    Mothercare is generic but adequate for baby products goodness.
    Lush is common as well. we used to use their bath soaps.

not in the pictures.... but Mango... very low prices... good style... mediocre at best quality (imho). Zara as well.

Of course you should know Diesel, Tommy H., Replay, and Benetton
  9. Diap Kusadasi Addict

If you take a coach from the main bus station in Kusadasi, you'll get to Izmir Bornova station, from there you can use their service shuttle to Alsancak.
    dobiemania likes this.